This course has obtained top evaluations
The course aims at higher fluency and more advanced use of Swedish. The course is open to students with prior knowledge of Swedish, CEFR-level A2.2. This course is also suitable for students from Finnish high school.
By completing the course students who have received their secondary education in Finnish in Finland fulfil the requirements of proficiency in Swedish required of personnel in public bodies.
You can interact in everyday working life situations in Swedish. You have basic knowledge of how to write different, short, work-related texts.
|Efter avlagd kurs kan du
- understand, produce and react to the main points of texts, speech and expressions on some working life related subjects
- write simple working life related texts, for instance e-mails.
- express yourself in writing in Swedish in simpler work-related situtations
- formulate simpler work-related texts
Blended learning course
CEFR A2.2 is required or course 5623-3B Swedish as a foreign language 3B.
|Studerandes totala arbetsmängd
134 hours divided into
Scheduled (contact) hours: 56 h
Non-scheduled work: 78 h
Classroom lessons and self-studies, with min. of 80 % mandatory attendance. Be present at the first week of teaching to confirm your participation in the course.
|Litteratur och undervisningsmaterial
Teacher’s material and selected parts of:
• Kaukinen, M. & Renja, K. (2016): Balans. Svenska för affärsstudier. Sanoma pro.
• Levy Scherrer, P. & Lindemalm, K. (2012). Rivstart Yrkesliv. Natur & Kultur.
|Examination och bedömning
Written exams 50 % (during the course)
Oral exam 20 % (during the course)
Classroom activity and homework 30 %
Students who have completed the earlier course 5623-D Swedish as a Foreign Language IV: Swedish at work (3 cr) cannot take this course.
|Fristående studier (Öppna universitetet, JOO och samarbeten)
Open university quota: 10
Quota for JOO-students: 10
Students from Aalto: https://forma.hanken.fi/lomakkeet/724/lomake.html
Students from Arcada: https://forma.hanken.fi/lomakkeet/702/lomake.html
One group in the spring term.